Colombia

I went out on the balcony of our cabin on the cruise ship, while my friend Andreas was still sleeping. I was too excited to sleep because this would be my first arrival to South America ever, visiting Cartagena in northern Colombia. The fishermen in the small and rustic boats waved good morning to me, while condors hovered next to our ship. It was a new sight for me and I love experience something new still, so soon I will be ready to conquer all of South America.

While entering the harbour it looked more like a cheaper version of Miami with all the skyscrapers.


This pic was taken in the evening, so I can assure you that Andreas is not a morning drinker


When we went off the ship we immediately found ourselves in a zoo with flamingos, anteaters and stuff like that. 



So many impressions at once and suddenly a girl stopped and pointed over my head like in shock. I didn't dare to move until she said "look a monkey!", and I was so relieved it wasn't a snake or something like that.

We were the only ones stupid enough to walk into town but I liked that we did that, because you miss so much being in a cab or on a bus. The city felt worn-down but I didn't mind, until I saw a sad donkey on the road attached to a wagon. 

We went to the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, the greatest fortress ever built by the Spaniards in their colonies. I cooled down in one of the shoes that you can find in front of it, because I have never sweated so much in my life because of the humidity. 




My T-shirt was soaking wet by the time we got to the old town after visiting a park on the way. They tried to get the Christmas feeling going in the park, but it was hard to get into it in sunshine and shorts. 




The old city felt a bit too crowded with all the shops, tourists and sellers on the narrow streets.




It was cozy in the way old towns often are, but at the same time you just wanted to get out of there. We saw a statue of a naked woman and I overheard a tourist guide saying that if you touch one of the breasts you want to visit Colombia one more time, but if you touch both you want to come back many times. I touched both because I can never get enough of breasts, so I guess I will have to come back many times more.




Next to the statue there were two women dressed in Colombias flags colours and with fruit baskets on their heads. I took a picture with them and as a thank you to them for putting up with all my sweat, I gave them some dollars as tip.




I almost died from the heat and humidity going back to the ship, but at least I didn't die from any drug dealer murdering me like most people would tell you before you go to Colombia!

* Best things about Colombia – I would say the moment in the morning when it seemed like just me, the fishermen and the birds were awake, it was a pristine moment, and I also cherished the moment when we were about to leave and watched Colombia pass us by while we had some drinks at the balcony, we even got a personal DJ from a small party boat passing us by

* Most mediocre thing about Colombia – I would say most of Cartagena was alright but nothing more or less than that

* Worst things about Colombia – everywhere you go there's a lot of movement and noise and after a while you just wanna sit down and relax by the sea, it's too crowded and people drive like crazy

Best countries in the world according to the nerd (will be updated with every post):
1. USA
2. The Bahamas
3. Croatia
4. Montenegro
5. Andorra
6. Cyprus
7. Grenada
8. Turkey
9. Greece
10. Italy
11. Spain
12. Monaco
13. Malta
14. Netherlands
15. Belize
16. Saint Lucia
17. Iceland
18. Denmark
19. Sweden
20. Lithuania
21. Macedonia
22. Armenia
23. Portugal
24. Dominica
25. Hungary
26. Slovakia
27. Belarus
28. Slovenia
29. Austria
30. Russia
31. Barbados
32. New Zealand
33. Ireland
34. Germany
35. United Kingdom
36. Belgium
37. Poland
38. Saint Kitts & Nevis
39. Vatican City
40. Estonia
41. Czech Republic
42. Switzerland
43. San Marino
44. Colombia
45. Kosovo
46. Romania
47. Finland
48. Latvia
49. Azerbaijan
50. Georgia
51. Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
52. Antigua & Barbuda
53. Moldova
54. Norway
55. Ukraine
56. France
57. Bulgaria
58. Luxembourg
59. Liechtenstein
60. Trinidad And Tobago
61. China
62. Serbia
63. Bosnia And Herzegovina
64. Albania

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egypt

Morocco

Poland